Recipe and Resource Share

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Renee Fourie
      Keymaster

Share the love and showcase your ancient & heritage grains recipe/resources here!

merb
      Participant

Here’s a link to a cool recipe zine all about barley from Oregon State University.  I’ve made the tempeh recipe several times and it’s terrific.  https://barleyworld.org/sites/barleyworld.org/files/final_osu_barley_zine.pdf

Pamela Barosso
      Participant

Artisan Bread Made Easy

Hi everyone – I am sharing a video from the Monroeville Library YouTube channel which is a short tutorial on baking bread – for those of us, myself included, who are still beginners at the craft.

Linda DeWitt
        Participant

That WAS fun and encouraging:). Thanks for sharing, Pamela!

Pamela Barosso
      Participant

You are welcome Linda!  The text area of the YouTube has the link to the original article which also includes the recipe.  Let me know if you try it and how it works for you.

Pamela Barosso
      Participant

Patisserie at Home

Patisserie – A pâtisserie is a type of Italian, French or Belgian bakery that specializes in pastries and sweets, as well as a term for these types of food. (Wikipedia).

I am looking at a copy of the above book and recipes and thinking about our class readings and grains.  “All purpose flour” is called for in all of the book’s recipes for pie crust, sugar crust pastry, sweet crust pastry, puff pastry, brioche dough, baba dough, croissant dough, coux pastry, genoese sponge and lady finger recipes. I am reflecting on now how I select the flour I choose to use when I try a recipe such as these and how it makes a difference.

Jen deHaan
      Participant

Here’s one of my barley recipes! Making this one again, and thought of this thread. Mushroom and Barley stew primary ingredients include barley, squash, beets, carrots, onions and mushrooms with turmeric, garlic and mushroom broth as primary flavors. Lots of substitutions and additions obviously work with this.

https://www.plantbasedrecipe.com/articles/vegan-winter-stew-recipe/

• This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by Jen deHaan.
      • This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by Renee Fourie.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.