No-till Farming

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Pamela Barosso
      Participant

I was wondering if there were many opinions in the group for no-till farming.  I think some conversations today referenced regenerative farming which could include no till, and wondering of others are having success with growing grains using the method of no-till.

Jen deHaan
      Participant

I grew pseudograin Amaranth using no dig/no till stockfree practices, which is what I have practiced for 4 years now.

Pamela Barosso
      Participant

Hi Jen,

It is good to know you are having success with Amaranth using no till.  I may look again and growing some next year.  It is a beautiful plant with so much history and utility – I hope you are having success in your market garden look forward to learning more in the class.  PS I have a cousin in Lummi Island not far from your location and dream to visit some day!

Jen deHaan
        Participant

Thanks so much! I’ve switched entirely to growing for seed (and personal consumption), since I am shielding due to health concerns and not attending farmers markets anymore. A fun new adventure and so much more meaningful. Big change, but challenge will be worth it 🙂

I just looked up Lummi Island! I remembered the name but forgot exactly where it was in relation to Vancouver Island. I hope that you get to visit your cousin one day soon!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.