Core Leadership Coordinator
We are looking for a Core Leadership Coordinator to join our team!
Please review the Job Description followed by Application Details
Closing Date: November 30, 2021
Job Description Downloadable pdf
Core Leadership Coordinator Job Description
The Rocky Mountain Seed Alliance (RMSA) is seeking a skilled core leadership coordinator with experience in fundraising and human resources, with a passion for seeds and seed education to guide the organization. RMSA is a regional non-profit organization dedicated to inspiring and educating people to save seeds. We achieve this through dynamic programs and networking. Founded in 2014, RMSA is at an exciting point of growth and development, with online and live education courses expanding to a growing regional, national, and international community with a focus on regionalizing seed in the Rocky Mountain region, and staff in satellite offices in Arizona, New Mexico, and Idaho.
2021 has seen the adoption of diversity, equity, and inclusion principles for the organization. The core leadership coordinator will be responsible for integrating these initiatives into the organization and ensuring the goals as outlined in the strategic plan are met. The core leadership coordinator would be best placed for this position in the Mountain West. Experience managing staff in satellite offices and remote locations is a plus.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the core leadership coordinator will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for RMSA’s staff, programs, and mission. The core leadership coordinator will lead the organization with a deep knowledge of RMSA’s principles, core programs, budget and operations, key partners, and strategic plan.
With a commitment to RMSA’s mission to inspire and educate seed savers, candidates should have proven leadership, staff management, and financial management experience. Specific requirements include:
- Unwavering commitment to offering quality programs, and diversifying programs
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to develop and direct high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Action-oriented, adaptable, and innovative
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Passion, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships
Leadership & Management:
Ensure ongoing programmatic excellence, effective program evaluation, financial and administrative health, timely and relevant communications, and healthy internal systems with an eye on capacity and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals.
- Actively engage with staff and board members, partnering organizations, and funders, and develop new funding relationships.
- With the Board Chair and the Organizational Health and Justice Coordinator, develop, maintain, and support a strong Board of Directors.
- Lead and work alongside the staff team in consensus-based decision making.
- Ensure effective systems to track progress and regularly evaluate program components, so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, funders, and other constituents.
- Expand revenue through fundraising activities to support existing program operations and regional expansion. Current and historic fundraising focus has been on individual donors, foundation relationships and grant writing, as well as member donations, program fees, and course tuition. Nurturing new individual donors and foundations is an exciting direction with the growing global awareness and attention on food and seed security
- Use external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities
- The core leadership coordinator will be the point person for overall staff management, conference presentations, interviews, and complaints
- Below is a list of past specific duties the core leadership coordinator will be expected to do or delegate to appropriate contractors, staff or volunteers
- Email, mail inquiries, bookkeeping
- Zoom staff meetings
- Oversee Grant management tracking and reporting
- Oversee Grant deliverables: track and execute
- Jitasa coding
- Cash Flow check
- Donation Thank You’s
- Seed Social Zooms
- Grain Call Zooms
Triannual Board Meetings
- Board Reports
- Financial Narrative
- Update program and network metrics
- Update Cash Flow Statement
- Board Meeting
- Oversee Spring/Summer Fundraising Campaign
- Oversee Year-end Fundraising Campaign
- Prepare and Present Annual Budget, Cash Flow Projection
- 990 Prep with Jitasa
- Update website links with new 990, Statement of Activity, Statement of Position
- File state incorporation renewals, Idaho, Colorado, Arizona
- File state sales tax reports
- File annual employment reports, W2’s etc. with Gusto
- File annual Seed Dealer’s Licenses
- Review and renew Officer and Directors insurance
- Update RMSA information on Charity Navigator
- Review major software programs for possible updates: web, accounting, payroll, etc.
- Negotiate fees with Jitasa, Gusto, Greenleaf Advancement
- Prepare Public Annual Report (Impact Statement)
- Register for Giving Tuesday events, Arizona, Colorado, Idaho
- Ensure DUNS and SAM.gov addresses are up-to-date (in March)
- Prepare financial reports for grant proposals
- Review and sign grant proposals and agreements
- Ensure grant reports are submitted on time
- Assist with grant research and development
Rocky Mountain Seed Alliance Staff Structure
Based on a non-hierarchical structure, staff participate in team and consensus-based decision making. Staff calls take place weekly and offer staff a time to connect, discuss and make decisions on program activities and offerings. Staff members attend board meetings that take place three times per year, and staff reports are collected for the board meetings. Staff members participate fully in diversity, equity and inclusion trainings, and other organizational health activities.
RMSA values diversity and is focused on organizational health and justice. Diverse applicants are encouraged to apply.
For more information on RMSA’s programs and offerings, visit www.rockymountainseeds.org.
Please email Bill (at) rockymountainseeds.org to send in your resume.